Thursday 29 March 2007

Piercings

What I Think:

I love piercings! At the moment I have my navel, nose and tongue pierced, as well we my right ear once which is stretched to 10mm and my left ear 4 times, my lobe, tagus and an industrial which is two holes. And ya know...it probably won't stop there...

My ear piercings below. The Industrial hasn't yet had it's new bar put in, it's still fresh = p




Why Do People Have Piercings?

As with everything in life, there are numerous reasons for why we do things. For me, piercings are beautiful and in my opinion can show parts of your personality without having to speak. I had my ear lobes pierced when I was 5 and I loved it. My other piercings came much later. My navel when I was 13, my tongue when I was 14, the stretched lobe when I was 15, my tagus and nose when I was 16 and my Industrial is just 3 weeks old. Already, I'm itching to get another. The feeling I get with my piercings is the same as I get with my tattoo..."ooh what next?".
Speaking to friends about piercings, alot of the reasons behind them are either, "I thought it looked really cool" or "Not too sure, it's just one of those things you do..." also "I saw it on someone else and it looked so beautiful".
Is It "Bad"?

Well, employers think so. Unless it's a job where they can shut you away out of public view, or a job which deals with piercings, then they don't want you are your metal in their customers face. I personally don't know why... When I see people with piercings, I'm itching to ask when/where/why they got it done. But hey...I'm sure there's method in thier madness....

No comments: