Monday 19 March 2007

Religion: Denominations, Traditions, Branches.

Whilst doing a bit of research I came across a site which gives information about all of the different religious groups in the world. Here is the link: http://www.religion-cults.com/

I was shocked to see just how many different groups there are, and even more shocked when I opened a few of the links to find that those groups bro
ke down further into yet more groups.


This one shocked me...

Satanism, The Black Mass.
http://www.religion-cults.com/Occult/Satanism/Satanism.htm

When I started reading I thought, well Ok, they are only doing the same as Christians...but the other way round. But then as I read more and got
to the point where they say they give animals and children as sacrifices to "Satan" and drink their blood, I actually couldn't believe what I had read. It goes on to say that they dig up graves, burn churches and sexually abuse and even kill children and other adults!
This makes a door to door visit from the Jehovah's Witnesses extremely welcoming.

It shocks me beyond words what some people do. And it shocks me more how many people do the same.

Religion is a powerful thing, I'd argue the most powerful things on this earth. And it's frightening when you think what could happen if particular religions cross paths.





No comments: