Saturday 17 March 2007

Being too Religious.

How far is too far?

Well, in my opinion, if a religion controls you and takes away your freedom ie. Making you choose between the faith and your friends/family then this is too religious.

I am not religious by any stretch of the imagination. I find myself getting carried away sometimes when I actually start talking about religion and I guess there's a lot of things I say which those who are religious would take offense to. But at the end of the day, the way I see it is if a group of people can stand in the middle of town, shouting, singing and shoving leaflets in people's face, spreading the "word of God" and making us listen to it (those who are deaf are so lucky at this point) then why shouldn't I voice my view?

What I have found over the years, whenever people start talking about religion, those who believe can say what they like, but as soon as we say something they don't agree with, they snap your head off...

I went to a Catholic School, although like I have said, I have no religion. In one lesson I was asked to give my opinion, I told the teacher she wouldn't want to hear it, but she made me say it anyway and as soon as I did, I got kicked out of the lesson for not being "right".

I don't have anything against religion or those who belong to one. I only have a problem when they start being hypocritical (by which I mean, they want you to listen to their opinion, but don't want to hear yours) or try to force their beliefs upon you.

Is wearing Religious clothing/jewelery too religious?

I don't believe it is, everyone is free to wear what they like. Be it a tiny piece of jewelery or a full on outfit. If it is what you want to do...do it.


Outfit or Jewelery?


Wear what you want.













No comments: